Did you know that Mother Teresa arrived in South Africa on this day back in 1988?
Check out some other events that hold historical significance, all of them happening on this day (November 7).
- 1875 – Verney Cameron is the first European to cross equatorial Africa.
- 1917 – Helen Suzman is born.
- 1945 – South Africa becomes a charter member of the United Nations.
- 1962 – Nelson Mandela is sentenced to five years for “incitement and leaving South Africa illegally”.
- 1979 – RSA golf team is expelled from Greece.
- 1986 – National Committee Against Removals (NCAR) requests an explanation from PW Botha.
- 1988 – Mother Teresa arrives in SA to establish a missionary home for HIV/AIDS sufferers.
- 1989 – Namibians vote for a Constituent Assembly.
- 1990 – National Party wins by-election in Randburg.
- 1994 – Former MK members are dismissed from the SANDF.